Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy 26th Birthday Donald


Donald turned 26 at the end of July. He had been working as the "House Officer" all month and came off his last night shift on his birthday! I'm not sure if that's a good birthday gift or not... Anyway he came home and we had waffles and then I had prepared a scavenger hunt for Donald the night before (it was actually nice he was working the night shift, so I could surprise Donald with hidden gifts...I never could have pulled it off otherwise especially since Donald is VERY nosey when it comes to his presents.. as many of you know). So I gathered the gifts and cards that Donald had received in the mail and went to town.

Donald and Charlotte sharing their waffles.  Charlotte has started to feed herself...finally! This was the first time Charlotte got to eat waffles, although she didn't get any syrup, but I think she still loved them!!





Donald on his scavenger hunt, he didn't want any clues!




Now he's begging for clues... haha just kidding! He did need help on one! :)




After he found all of his treasures!!




Donald's favorite cake.  Angel food cake with "fudge" frosting.... I don't know why it's called fudge frosting,  it's not chocolate, but....it's not my birthday!   This is a recipe that Donald's Grandma used to make and was a pro at making them!  Last year Donald's mom taught me how to make it so this year I was able to make it for him!  We had a great time and the cake was delish!




Charlotte and I had to kill some time while Donald was sleeping after his night shift :)





Happy Birthday Donald!  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Ash you are such a cool wife. Happy birthday donald!

    ReplyDelete