Some birthdays are harder than others, and I'm not old enough I don't think to be too stressed about my own birthdays, but man, Charlotte turning one was harder on me than I would of thought! Each week I get an update from babycenter.com and the title always read "Your baby this week" and the subject for example would be '10 months week 3' well on Charlotte's birthday it read "Your Toddler this week" and that just hit me soo hard! I don't even know why, it was just the word 'toddler' that sent me into complete denial!! She's still a baby!!!! I guess she's just still MY baby!!
I inevitably had to look back over the 12 months worth of pictures and it made me so happy! Charlotte has brought so much joy into our lives over the last year, she is just an amazing baby! Watching her grow and develop is so fun, and seeing Donald and I grow and develop as parents is also fun, challenging, but still fun!
Charlotte is a very lucky lady, she got to celebrate her birthday with three different parties!! (She may be a little bit spoiled ;) Not in a bratty way though!!!
Her first party was with Donald, me, and our great friends from Owasso. We went to Elm Creek park for some play time, lunch and to feed the ducks. It was pretty laid back, but we had a GREAT time!! AND Charlotte got to eat cake for the first time!!!
Her first, of many I'm sure, delicious bites of frosting!
Happy birthday to my sweet girl!!
Riding in her new wagon from Grammy!
The little cake all to herself....and daddy of course!
Her second party was at Auntie Melinda and Uncle Craig's house. Marta made a yummy cake and we celebrated out in Melinda and Craig's beautiful back yard on the deck.
Her cake made by Marta
Charlotte with Auntie Melinda
Her 3rd and final party was at my mom's house with Auntie Becky, Uncle Eric, my cousin Teddy, Bum, Sara, my Mom and me. We had such a wonderful time!
The Crew
Charlotte's delicious cupcakes!
Yummy!!!! She only got a mini cupcake :)
What a special time, my baby turns one. I can't believe it's been a whole year, it's gone by entirely too fast!! It's a love/hate relationship watching her grow up and become a big girl. I can't express how much I love her! Thanks everyone for making her 1st birthday so memorable!! Love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment